TERMS OF SERVICE
YOU AGREE THAT BY USING THE SITE, ANY APPLICATIONS, AND THE SERVICES YOU ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE AND YOU ARE LEGALLY ABLE TO ENTER INTO A CONTRACT.
Quick Legal, LLC. provides visitors information so that they may have a general understanding of the law and to provide solutions to individuals who choose to prepare their own legal documents. Customer need not download or even license Quick Legal, LLC. software. Quick Legal, LLC. hosts its software as a backend service for customers when they create their own documents. The Site includes general information on commonly encountered legal issues. The Quick Legal, LLC. Services does not review your answers for completeness, spelling and grammar, and for internal consistency of names, addresses and the like. At no time do we review your answers for legal sufficiency, draw legal conclusions, provide legal advice, opinions or recommendations about your legal rights, remedies, defenses, options, selection of forms, or strategies, or apply the law to the facts of your particular situation. Quick Legal, LLC. is not a law firm and may not perform services performed by an attorney. Quick Legal, LLC. and its Services are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney.
Please note that we at Quick Legal, LLC. strive to keep information on our site current, accurate and up to date, however, the law in some cases changes rapidly, hence, Quick Legal, LLC. cannot guarantee that all of the information on the Site or Applications is completely current. The law is different from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, and may be subject to interpretation by different courts. The law is a personal matter, and no general information or legal tool like the kind Quick Legal, LLC. provides can fit every circumstance. Furthermore, the legal information contained on ours sites and Applications is not legal advice and is not guaranteed to be correct, complete or up-to-date. Therefore, if you need legal advice for your specific problem, or if your specific problem is too complex to be addressed by our tools, you should consult a licensed attorney in your area.
From time to time, Quick Legal, LLC. may perform certain attorney access services and introduce our visitors to attorneys through various methods, if visitors choose to do so or request access to attorneys. At no time is an attorney-client relationship fostered or created with Quick Legal, LLC. through the performance of any such services.
This Site and Applications are not intended to create any attorney-client relationship, and your use of Quick Legal, LLC. does not and will not create an attorney-client relationship between you and Quick Legal, LLC. Instead, you are and will be representing yourself in any legal matter you undertake through Quick Legal, LLC.'s products.
In connection with the use of certain Quick Legal, LLC. products or services, you may be asked to provide personal information in a questionnaire, application, form or similar document, product or service. This information will not be held or retained by Quick Legal, LLC. In addition, you grant Quick Legal, LLC. a worldwide, royalty-free, nonexclusive, and fully sublicensable license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, publish and translate this personal information solely for the purpose of enabling your use of the applicable services provided by Quick Legal, LLC.
2. Ownership. This Site and Applications are owned and operated by Quick Legal, LLC. All right, title and interest in and to the materials provided on this Site and Applications, including but not limited to information, documents, logos, graphics, sounds and images (the "Materials") are owned by Quick Legal, LLC. Except as otherwise expressly provided by Quick Legal, LLC., none of the Materials may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, displayed, transmitted or distributed in any way and nothing on this Site or on any Applications shall be construed to confer any license under any of Quick Legal, LLC.'s intellectual property rights, whether by estoppel, implication or otherwise. See the "Legal Contact Information" below if you have any questions about obtaining such licenses. Quick Legal, LLC. does not sell, license, lease or otherwise provide any of the Materials other than those specifically identified as being provided by Quick Legal, LLC. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by Quick Legal, LLC.
License to Use.
Quick Legal, LLC. grants you a limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use our forms (the "Forms") for your own personal, internal business use, or if you are an attorney or professional, for your client. Except as otherwise provided, you acknowledge and agree that you have no right to modify, edit, copy, reproduce, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, alter, enhance or in any way exploit any of the Forms in any manner, except for modifications in filling out the Forms for your authorized use. You shall not remove any copyright notice from any Form.
Resale of Forms Prohibited.
By ordering or downloading Forms, you agree that the Forms you purchase or download may only be used by you for your personal use and may not be sold or redistributed without the express written consent of Quick Legal, LLC.
5. DISPUTE RESOLUTION BY MEDIATION.
Please read this carefully. It affects your rights.
Most customer concerns can be resolved quickly and to the customer's satisfaction by calling the company at 1-855-213-2585. In the unlikely event that the Quick Legal, LLC. Care Center is unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction (or if Quick Legal, LLC. has not been able to resolve a dispute it has with you after attempting to do so informally), we each agree to resolve those disputes in small claims court rather than in a court of general jurisdiction, after mediating the dispute. Mediation is less formal than a lawsuit in court and is used in most legal forums in an attempt to resolve the dispute without going to the expense of a trial before a Judge or Jury. Mediation uses a neutral arbitrator, person, or mediator instead of a judge or jury, which is less expensive than filing lawsuits, and is subject to very limited review by courts. Quick Legal, LLC. will pay 100 percent of all costs of the pre-suit mediation. The parties agree to require mediation prior to filing any lawsuit pursuant to the terms of service. In the event that a lawsuit is filed, without attending a pre-trial mediation, the parties agree to abate, or suspend the lawsuit, until the parties have the opportunity to mediate the dispute in this case.
You may speak with independent counsel before using this Site or completing any purchase. PLEASE NOTE THAT THE MEDIATION CLAUSE RELATES TO ANY AND ALL DISPUTES THAT COULD POSSIBLY ARISE FOR THE USE OF QUICK LEGAL, LLC. SITE AND APPLICATIONS OR PRODUCTS THAT ARE PURCHASED OR ACCESSED FOR THIS SITE OR ANY OF ITS SITES. The types of disputes and claims we agree to arbitrate are intended to be broadly interpreted. It applies, without limitation, to:
- Claims arising out of or relating to any aspect of the relationship between us, whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation, or any other legal theory;
- Claims that arose before these or any prior Terms (including, but not limited to, claims relating to advertising);
- Claims that are currently the subject of purported class action litigation in which you are not a member of a certified class; and
- Claims that may arise after the termination of these Terms.
For the purposes of this Arbitration Agreement, references to "Quick Legal, LLC." "you," and "us" include our respective subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, employees, predecessors in interest, successors, and assigns, as well as all authorized or unauthorized users or beneficiaries of services or products under these Terms or any prior agreements between us.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, either party may bring an individual action in small claims court. This arbitration agreement does not preclude your bringing issues to the attention of federal, state, or local agencies. Such agencies can, if the law allows, seek relief against us on your behalf. You agree that, by entering into these Terms, you and Quick Legal, LLC. are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action. These Terms evidence a transaction or website use in interstate commerce, and thus the Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this provision. This arbitration provision will survive termination of these Terms.
(b) A party who intends to seek mediation must first send, by U.S. certified mail, a written Notice of Dispute ("Notice") to the other party. A Notice to Quick Legal, LLC. should be addressed to: Notice of Dispute, General Counsel, Mr. Andre' L. Ligon, Andre' L. Ligon, P.C. 2646 South Loop West, Suite 380, Houston, Texas 77054 (the "Notice Address"). The Notice must (a) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute and (b) set forth the specific relief sought ("Demand"). If Quick Legal, LLC. and you do not reach an agreement to resolve the claim within 30 days after the Notice is received, you or Quick Legal, LLC. must agree on a mediator to start the mediation process.
You may download a "Notice of Dispute" here.
8. Rights and Responsibilities of Quick Legal, LLC.
Quick Legal, LLC. takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted by you or any third party.
Although we cannot make an absolute guarantee of system security, Quick Legal, LLC. takes reasonable steps to maintain security. If you have reason to believe system security has been breached, contact us by email for help.
If Quick Legal, LLC.'s technical staff finds that files or processes belonging to a member pose a threat to the proper technical operation of the system or to the security of other members, Quick Legal, LLC. reserves the right to delete those files or to stop those processes. If the Quick Legal, LLC. technical staff suspects a user name is being used by someone who is not authorized by the proper user, Quick Legal, LLC. may temporarily disable that user's access in order to preserve system security. In all such cases, Quick Legal, LLC. will contact the member as soon as feasible.
Quick Legal, LLC. has the right (but not the obligation), in our sole and absolute discretion, to edit, redact, remove, re-categorize to a more appropriate location or otherwise change any User Content.
Quick Legal, LLC. reserves the right to refuse service to anyone and to cancel user access at any time.
Rights and Responsibilities of Quick Legal, LLC. Users or Other Posters of User Content.
You are legally and ethically responsible for any User Content - writings, files, pictures or any other work - that you post or transmit using any Quick Legal, LLC. Products and/or services that allows interaction or dissemination of information. In posting User Content, you agree that you will not submit any content:
- That is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- That infringes anyone's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy.
- That violates any law, statute, ordinance, or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, antidiscrimination, or false advertising). Please see Compliance with Export Restrictions below;
- That is, or may reasonably be considered to be, defamatory, libelous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing, or advocates or encourages illegal conduct harmful to any individual, partnership or corporation. Please see Inappropriate Content below;
- That includes advertisements, spam, or content for which you were compensated or granted any consideration by any third party;
- That includes information that references other websites, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers, or other contact information;
- That contains any computer virus, worms, or other potentially damaging computer programs or files;
Under United States federal law, you retain copyright on all works you create and post as User Content, unless you choose specifically to renounce it. In posting a work as User Content, you authorize other members who have access to that service to make personal and customary use of the work, including creating links or reposting, but not otherwise to reproduce or disseminate it unless you give permission for such dissemination.
You grant Quick Legal, LLC. a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable right and license to use, copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, sell, distribute, and/or incorporate such content into any form, medium, or technology throughout the world without compensation to you. You have the right to remove any of your works from User Content at any time.
Ratings and reviews will generally be posted in two to four business days. By submitting your email address in connection with your rating and review, you agree that Quick Legal, LLC. may use your email address to contact you about the status of your review and other administrative purposes.
9. NO WARRANTY. THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, AND ALL MATERIALS, DOCUMENTS OR FORMS PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR APPLICATIONS ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, QUICK LEGAL, LLC. EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
QUICK LEGAL, LLC. MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT: (A) THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, OR THE MATERIALS WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (B) THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, OR THE MATERIALS WILL BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE BASIS; (C) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, OR ANY MATERIALS OFFERED THROUGH THE SITE OR APPLICATIONS, WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; OR (D) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, OR IN RELIANCE ON THE MATERIALS WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS.
OBTAINING ANY MATERIALS THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE OR APPLICATIONS IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND AT YOUR OWN RISK. QUICK LEGAL, LLC. SHALL HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY CONTENT, MATERIALS, INFORMATION OR SOFTWARE.
NOTWITHSTANDING THE ABOVE, QUICK LEGAL, LLC. OFFERS A 60 DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEE, THE TERMS OF WHICH ARE AVAILABLE HERE
11. Unsolicited Submissions. Except as may be required in connection with your use of QUICK LEGAL, LLC. services, Quick Legal, LLC. does not want you to submit confidential or proprietary information to us through this Site or any Applications. All comments, feedback, information or material submitted to Quick Legal, LLC. through or in association with this Site shall be considered non-confidential and Quick Legal, LLC.'s property. By providing such submissions to Quick Legal, LLC. you hereby assign to Quick Legal, LLC., at no charge, all worldwide right, title and interest in and to the submissions and any intellectual property rights associated therewith. Quick Legal, LLC. shall be free to use and/or disseminate such submissions on an unrestricted basis for any purpose. You acknowledge that you are responsible for the submissions that you provide, including their legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality and content.
12. Compliance with Intellectual Property Laws. When accessing Quick Legal, LLC. or using the Quick Legal, LLC. legal document preparation Service, you agree to obey the law and you agree to respect the intellectual property rights of others. Your use of the Service and the Site is at all times governed by and subject to laws regarding copyright, trademark and other intellectual property ownership. You agree not to upload, download, display, perform, transmit or otherwise distribute any information or content in violation of any third party's copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property or proprietary rights. You agree to abide by laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property, and you shall be solely responsible for any violations of any relevant laws and for any infringements of third party rights caused by any content you provide or transmit or that is provided or transmitted using your Quick Legal, LLC. user account.
Quick Legal, LLC. has adopted a policy that provides for the immediate removal of any content, article or materials that have infringed on the rights of Quick Legal, LLC. or of a third party or that violate intellectual property rights generally. Quick Legal, LLC.'s policy is to remove such infringing content or materials and investigate such allegations immediately.
Notice. Quick Legal, LLC. has in place certain legally mandated procedures regarding allegations of copyright infringement occurring on the Site or with the Service. The Company has adopted a policy that provides for the immediate suspension and/or termination of any Site or Service user who is found to have infringed the rights of the Company or of a third party, or otherwise violated any intellectual laws or regulations. The Company's policy is to act expeditiously upon receipt of proper notification of claimed copyright infringement to remove or disable access to the allegedly infringing content. If you have evidence, know, or have a good faith belief that your rights or the rights of a third party have been violated and you want the Company to delete, edit, or disable the material in question, you must provide the Company with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail): (1) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; (2) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site; (3) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material; (4) Information reasonably sufficient to permit the Company to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, email address; (5) A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (6) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
The above written information must be sent to our registered Agent:
Andre' L. Ligon
Attorney at Law
2646 South Loop West, Suite 380
Houston, Texas 77054
- Counter-Notice. If you believe that your Content that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner's agent, or pursuant to the law, to post and use the material in your Content, you may send a written counter-notice containing the following information to the Copyright Agent: (1) Your physical or electronic signature; (2) Identification of the Content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the Content appeared before it was removed or disabled; (3) A statement that you have a good faith belief that the Content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the Content; and (4) Your name, address, telephone number, and email address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court in Los Angeles, California, and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement. If a counter-notice is received by the Copyright Agent, the Company may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed Content or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the Content provider, member or user, the removed Content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at the Company's sole discretion.
14. Compliance with Export Restrictions. You may not access, download, use or export the Site, Applications, or the Materials in violation of United States export laws or regulations or in violation of any other applicable laws or regulations. You agree to comply with all export laws and restrictions and regulations of any United States or foreign agency or authority and to assume sole responsibility for obtaining licenses to export or re-export as may be required. You acknowledge and agree that the Materials are subject to the United States Export Administration Laws and Regulations and agree that none of the Materials or any direct product therefrom is being or will be acquired for, shipped, transferred or re-exported, directly or indirectly, to proscribed or embargoed countries or their nationals or used for any prohibited purpose.
15. Personal Use. The site is made available for your personal use on your own behalf.
16. Children. Minors are not eligible to use the Site or Applications and we ask that they do not submit any personal information to us.
18. Copyrights. All Site design, text, graphics, the selection and arrangement thereof, Copyright ©, Quick Legal, LLC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
19. Trademarks. Quick Legal, LLC., the bi-colored "flying document" logo, all images and text, and all page headers, custom graphics and button icons are service marks, trademarks and/or trade dress of Quick Legal, LLC. All other trademarks, product names and company names or logos cited herein are the property of their respective owners.
20. Attorney Access Services; Use of Term "Experience." The term "experience" or "experienced," as used on the Site, Applications, and in other communications in reference to third party attorneys participating in Quick Legal, LLC.'s legal plans or other attorney access services means that the legal plan primary handling partner of each law firm fulfills the following: (a) possesses a minimum of five years' experience practicing law, (b) maintains errors and omissions insurance policies consistent with industry standards, (c) is in good standing with the state bar in each jurisdiction in which the attorney is licensed to practice, (d) has no pending malpractice lawsuit, as of the date of joining one of Quick Legal, LLC.'s legal plans, and (e) has no public record of discipline by a state bar within the last five years. The term "experience" or "experienced" is not intended to be a comparison to any other attorney's services or qualifications.
21. Use of Testimonials and Media Endorsements. The media hosts on the Site endorse Quick Legal, LLC. as paid spokespeople in our advertising campaigns.
22. Inquiries. BY USING QUICK LEGAL, LLC.'S SERVICES OR ACCESSING THE QUICK LEGAL, LLC. SITE OR APPLICATIONS, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND ACCEPT THAT SUBMITTING YOUR TELEPHONE NUMBER TO QUICK LEGAL, LLC. VIA THE QUICK LEGAL, LLC. SITE OR APPLICATIONS CONSTITUTES AN INQUIRY TO QUICK LEGAL, LLC., AND THAT QUICK LEGAL, LLC. MAY CONTACT YOU AT THE NUMBER SUBMITTED EVEN IF SUCH NUMBER APPEARS ON ANY STATE OR FEDERAL DO NOT CALL LISTS (TAKING INTO ACCOUNT INQUIRY EXCEPTION TIME FRAMES AS APPROPRIATE).
September 1, 2016